Why Acupuncture is a Health Benefit
Acupuncture is a treatment approach used by ancient Chinese and is a part of traditional Chinese medicine. It involves inserting thin needles into the skin to stimulate specific points. Although acupuncture is popular in Asia, it is becoming increasingly popular in the United States and in Western countries.
Various medical conditions are managed by acupuncture such as chronic back pain, muscle spasm, headache, knee pain, neck pain, allergies, mood, depression, and digestive-related problems.
Thank you to Vann Heating & Air for supporting our mission!
Is it a safe procedure?
Acupuncture is safe for as long as it is done by a well-trained and experienced professional. Keep in mind that such a technique uses a needle inserted into various pressure points. Which is why it is of utmost importance to make sure that the one who does it has the experience and professional background.
There are have been very few complications reported when it comes to the use of acupuncture needles. Hence, the risk of the entire acupuncture procedure is significantly low. In general, acupuncture belongs to complementary health medicine. It should be done along with other health management approaches such as done in conjunction with physical therapy and the likes.
What are the benefits of acupuncture?
- It helps reduce headaches and migraines – Headaches and migraines are usually treated and managed using medicines. With acupuncture, you can significantly reduce the use of medicine as it has been tested and proven effective even in people with frequent chronic tension type of headache.
- It helps alleviate chronic pain such as arthritis pain, knee pain, back and neck pain – As a person gets old, degenerative diseases start to take place such as pain caused by arthritis, back pain, neck and knee pain. The pain can be reduced to a great extent with acupuncture therapy.
- It helps you sleep better – Acupuncture therapy helps reduce the onset and severity of insomnia symptoms. Those who have acupuncture therapy tend to sleep better than those who take medications to help with sleep.
- It is helpful in people with cancer and those undergoing chemotherapy – Acupuncture therapy helps improve the person’s immune system thereby speeding up the recovery period following cancer treatment. It improves platelet count and reduces the possibility of a decrease in healthy cells after chemotherapy and radiation.
- It helps prevent cognitive decline – various research and studies were made showing the effectiveness of acupuncture in the treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease and cognitive decline.
Can You Benefit From Acupuncture?
The answer is a big yes! Its primary benefit has something to do with pain management and preventing cognitive decline. It is 100% safe for as long as it is done by a trained and experienced professional.
Today, there are acupuncture clinics and they cater to patients of all ages and all walks of life. As a matter of fact, acupuncture is also used in animals. However, acupuncture should not replace the conventional treatment approach. It is done as a complementary or in conjunction with other treatment modalities.